If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know."
-"FAITH" Children's Songbook
The reason I brought up this song is because it has significant importance of symbolizing how our faith grows. Today I would like to talk about my interpretation of what "PLANTED" means in this song. To me it means to act, or apply. And as we act on our faith, our faith grows and we have a better understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So here is an examples: I have faith that Heavenly Father hears my prayer (this is the "little seed") so I pray to him for guidance (so this would be "planting the seed). Then I receive an answer to my prayer (faith growing). By praying you are ACTING on your faith, this is key to having your faith grow!
Now lets go a little a deeper... What does this specifically mean for YOU? I invite everyone who reads this post to find a way to act on your faith this week. I want to promise every single one of you that as you act on your faith you WILL better understand Gods love for you, grow closer to Christ, and become that person that both Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ knows you can BECOME.
No comments:
Post a Comment